FIRST LEGO LEAGUE JR
Homework task explained:
- How water comes into our homes – explain how water gets from rivers and lakes into our homes and what happens to the water along the way.
- Problem – explain what problem happens during this journey that your team set about fixing.
- Solution – explain how your team came up with the solution to this problem.
- What we learned – write about what you feel your team has learned (about water, working in a team, engineering/design and anything else that you’ve learned).
- The water cycle – this is to give some background information about water.
- Water conservation – write about water conservation in a simple way to show you understand what it is.
- How your project solution will improve water conservation (e.g. fixing leaks so there is less waste)
- Engineering and our project – a simple explanation of engineering for children and about our class visit from an engineer
Team members and their tasks:
Ruth – Problem
Claudia – How water comes into our homes
Thomas – The Water Cycle
Daragh – Solution
Emilian – Engineering
Jack T – What we learned
Philip – Water conservation
Jack R – Problem
Zara – water conservation
Conor S – Engineering
Conor F – The water cycle
Ella – Water conservation
Emma – What we learned
Cian – How water comes into our homes
Oisin – Solution
Caoilinn – Water conservation – how our project helps
Sylwester – The water cycle
Ciara – Water conservation – a simple explanation
Timmy – What we learned
Sally – How water comes into our homes
Ryan T – Water conservation – how our project improves things
Meave – Solution
Rory – Problem
Erica – Solution
Aoife – What we learned
Ryan F – the water cycle
Alex – Engineering
Jamie – How water comes into our homes
Jennifer – Problem
Róisín – Water conservation – a simple explanation of what this is
Luke – Water conservation – how our project idea helps conserve water
Important Note: This does not have to be typed out. You are doing the research now and making some notes. You can either handwrite it or type it when you have found some information.
Useful websites for research:
First Lego League Jr official website: http://www.juniorfirstlegoleague.org/
World Book Online Encyclopedia: https://www.worldbookonline.com/wb/products?ed=all&gr=Welcome%21
Irish Water: http://www.water.ie
Search Engine: http://www.kidrex.org
You can email any information (text or pictures) that you wish to use in your project to: email@example.com
Apologies for the delay in posting this information – I have been on the phone to the helpdesk and trying to sort out a problem with our blog for the past 40 minutes.