Top ticket Seller: Chloe Coughlan
Liam Plower and Adam Dolan from 6th class here! We have been checking the energy meter every day for the past four weeks. For the last two weeks we have found that the average was 192.5 kW per day. We found that the highest day was 468 kW Due to the building of the new prefab and due to the Halloween holidays but now the usage has gone back to the average. Keep up the good work and keep saving energy.
Here Are Some Fun Facts On Energy
1. Every time you open the fridge door approximately 30 % of the cold air escapes. This leads to a higher electricity bill.
2. Approximately 75% of electricity used to power home electronics is consumed while the products are off. Keep appliances unplugged when it is not in use.
The children in 3rd class took part in the Naomh Breandan Credit Union Art Competition recently. Ruth Keogh, pictured below, was awarded a merit in the 3rd class section. Well done Ruth!! Also in the photo is Gerard Murray, School Principal.
Carrabane NS has worked with Team Hope for a number of years now. Team Hope deliver Christmas Shoebox gifts right into the hands of some of the world’s most vulnerable children – many of whom will receive no other gift this Christmas. For some it’s the first gift they’ve ever received.
Thank you to all the children and their parents for sharing your Christmas with children who have so little – It means so much to them!!
See below photos of over 100 shoe-boxes ready to be handed over to Tom from Team Hope!!!
3rd Class have been working on developing good running skills and learning about staying healthy. They have been practising finding and recording their heart rate (beats per minute/BPM) and have been comparing their BPM before and after exercise.
- Before running: Record in your homework journal your heart rate BPM by setting a timer to 1 minute and counting how many beats your heart makes in that time.
- Run to a fast paced song e.g. Sensitive Guy by Busted. Songs cannot be posted here for Copyright reasons but there are plenty of great running songs online (run a safe search on www.kidrex.org to find many great running songs).
- After running: Record in your homework journal your heart rate BPM by setting a timer to 1 minute and counting how many beats your heart makes in that time.
- Most importantly, have fun!
I would like to welcome all families back to Scoil Sheosaimh and extend a special welcome to all our new pupils and their families. There are currently 195 children on our roll.
I hope you and your family had a nice summer. The All Ireland wins made a great start to the new school year and we had a very special day in school when the Liam McCarthy and Irish Press cups came to visit. We were delighted to have David Burke, Captain, Johnny Coen and Davy Glennon visit. What made it extra special for our school, was that two of our past pupils, Conor Caulfield and Eamon Hickey, who were on the All-Ireland minor panel, also came along with the cups.
Erin O’Grady presenting proceeds from her home-baking to Ms. Lennon. This generous donation will be used to purchase resources for the Realta Class.